Effective September 20th, 2012
This privacy statement describes how Squarejive collects and uses the personal information you provide. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
Some services on this site make use of location-based data. If you allow these services, we will collect information about the Wi-fi routers closest to you and the cell IDs of the towers closest to you. We use this information to provide the requested location-based service, not to identify you. You will be asked for your permission each time a location-based service is requested.
– Provide you content based upon your location.
– Provide you local search results.
– Provide you special local offers.
– Map routes and provide directions to locations that you specify.
– Enable you to share your location with friends.
Collection and Use
We collect the following personal information from you:
– Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
– Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, password
– Preferences Information you provide such as product or content interests, or communication or marketing preferences
– Usage activity about how you interact with us such as purchase history, what content you viewed, and which areas of our site you visited.
– Device Information
We also collect the following information from you:
– Information about your business such as company name, company size, business type (*if supplied)
– Demographic information such as household income, age, education, gender, interests, and zip code (*if supplied)
– Information about your mobile device such as your mobile device id (similar to a website IP address), device type, and mobile service carrier. Information about your mobile device such as your mobile device id (similar to a website IP address), device type, and mobile service carrier.
As is true of most Web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We use this information to:
– Respond to customer service requests
– Administer your account
– Send you push notifications when you are using our app. If you do not want these notifications, you can manage your preference either through your device or app settings depending on your device type. You can also contact us at email@example.com.
– Send you a newsletter
– Send you marketing communications
– Administer contests and sweepstakes you entered, and notify you if you won
– Improve our App and marketing efforts
– Conduct research and analysis
– Respond to your questions and concerns
– Display content based upon your interests
You may opt-out of receiving our newsletter or marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each newsletter or marketing email or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We enable you to create a profile, and share information such as messages, photos, and videos with others within your network. We cannot control the actions of others with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Also we cannot guarantee that the content you post on our site will not be viewed by others outside your network.
Sharing Your Information
We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose your personal information
– as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
– when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
– if Squarejive is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
– to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Tracking and Ads
We partner with a third party ad network to either display advertising on our App or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our ad network partner uses technologies to collect non-personally identifiable information about your activities on this and other Apps to provide you targeted advertising based upon your interests.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you provide sensitive information (such as a credit card number) to us, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at email@example.com
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.